Thinking about opening your home, or creating a brand new living situation, that can support a friendly housemate? Friendly Housemates can provide rich life experiences and new friendships. They can result in increased confidence and greater life skills. They can save costs versus paying overnight staff. But perhaps, most importantly, participating in the Friendly Housemates project can result in a happier, more comfortable living environment for yourself or your loved one.
Unsure if Friendly Housemates is right for you? Check all that apply:
- Are you willing to try something new?
- Are you preparing for semi-independent living?
- Do you have a spare bedroom?
- Are you open to working with us and with a student?
- Are you interested in taking part in a research project and ongoing interview process?
- Can you recognize the role of a Friendly Housemate as a friend rather than a staff?
- Are you willing to provide in kind housing costs to a student? (rent and utilities)
If most or all of these apply to you, Friendly Housemates could be a viable residential alternative. If you’d like to know more about the project, please contact us.